Russ has given me such important information that guides me on what to focus on for me to feel good. The reality of food on our health and the health of the planet can be accessible from people you trust, not Dr.Google who continues to lie to me and my family. This is the time for trusted authorities that can be sabotaged by systems that are threatened by simplicity.
As a global food, beverage, cosmetic, confectionery, function and dietary supplement, as well as pharmaceutical and drug developer and formulator, Russ has been the Managing Director & CEO of Adept Solutions, Inc., a global creation, conversion, and stabilization product development laboratory for over two decades, with clients on five continents, and has traveled extensively throughout the world, in his career.
Asked once by the CEO of a major multinational food conglomerate, in a large supermarket, what brands Russ had developed, or been involved with? Bianchi blankly responded: “It would be easier and save time to point out the ones I have not done, or been around.”
Russ is responsible for a major market shift away from traditional hydrogenated fat laden granola bars and refined sweetener breakfast cereals, as well as confectionery and candy bars, to many successful and functional and energy bar brands..
Russ has recently completed work as formulator, on an under utilized World Health Organization botanical named moringa oleifera, into a successfully and fully bioavailable oral pharmaceutical grade product that is enzymatically alive and standardized in potency and dosage, under dietary supplement law, in a direct medical referral model, providing significant nutrient delivery, to a stripped and highly processed western food and beverage chain, endorsed by John Hopkins School Of Medicine as well as the National Institutes Of Health & Medicine.
What’s wrong with what we eat
In this fiery and funny talk, New York Times food writer Mark Bittman weighs in on what’s wrong with the way we eat now (too much meat, too few plants; too much fast food, too little home cooking), and why it’s putting the entire planet at risk.
Foods to Avoid, Shy Away From, or “Go For It” in Moderation
This is a partial list form the “unprocessed truth” from a man whose career has been in plant medicine and food formulation. Russ has earned multiple PhDs and also holds an Associates Dean of Medicine from the respect of his peers for his integrity and a broad knowledge that few of us can match.
Here are a few of his items to avoid at all times.
- Diet sweeteners
- Fast food
- Microwavable food -makes it unrecognizable to the body
- Water in soft plastic bottles-BPA’s
- Deep fried food
- High fructose corn syrup or agave
- Essessive table salt
- Mainstream energy drinks
- Tooth and Oral-Care Whiteners
- Mainstream soaps, shampoos, detergents, perfumes, colognes, deodorants, and cosmetics-Many contain cancer-causing ingredients
- Most ice creams-a chemistry set of bad-for-you ingredients.
- Mainstream breath sprays, mints, chewing gums and mouthwashes-typically use harmful and chemically based and cancer-causing artificial, sweeteners, colorings and bulking agents.
Items to shy away from
- Scented Candles
- ‘Instant’ anything
- Granola bars-harmful fats, refined sugars
- White sliced bread
- Over-the-counter drugs
- Excessive alcohol-highly caloric, fattening, inflammatory and toxic
- Hydrogenated fats and oils-canola, peanut, soy, cottonseed and soy
- Processed poultry- typical low cost roasted chicken is pumped with sugar, salts, water, modified food starch, preservatives, humectants, fake coloring, gelatins.
- Deli meats
- Fat free, 2% fat or skim-little or no nutrients
- Bottled dressing and bagged salads-hidden inert gases, preservatives, high processing and harmful chemistry.
- Sunblocks-prevent absorption of Vitamin D
- Prescription drugs-only as last resort “The Truth About Drug Companies”-Dr. Marcia Angell, MD
Go ahead and enjoy
- Ice Cream with no high fructose corn syrup
- All real fresh fruit and washed vegetables
- Real butter and real cream
- Olive oil
- Raw cane and brown sugar
- Real milk and fresh eggs
- Multi-grain and artisan breads
- Free range and game poultry
- Game meats and venison
- Natural vinegars
- Dark chocolate and cocoa butter
- Raw honey-one teaspoon a day
- Real mayonaise
- Wild rice and brown rice
- Soup-not canned
- Maple syrup and molasses
- Hot cocoa- not mixes
- Sea salt and Celtic salt
- Anything with natural flavorings and extracts
Miracle Tree by Dr. Monica Marcu
Miracle Tree was written by Dr. Monica Marcu, Pharm.D., and Ph.D. as a result of her research of Moringa Oleifera. This book defines the vitamins, enzymes, amino acids, fats, minerals, specific phytochemicals, each with clear importance and numerous applications. Russ formulated Moringa Oleifera into an easily absorbable nutrient rich product, that has dramatic effects on fibromyalgia and weight balance among many others.
Before I had insurance and the E.R. doctors kept upping my Kepra dosage and I was feeling worse and worse with no energy. After taking Moringa Olifera, I was running on my first day. A ever reminder to me that health comes with giving the body what it needs, not trying to control it.